Home > Beaches & Bays > Beach Rules > Fenwick Island Beach Rules
Fenwick Island, Delaware, Beach Rules & Regulations
- Fishing from the beach is prohibited while lifeguards are on duty, except as permitted by a lifeguard.
- Launching or beaching of nonmotorized vessels from the beach is prohibited while lifeguards are on duty, except as permitted by a lifeguard.
- Launching or beaching of motorized vessels is prohibited. The operation of a motorized vessel within 100 feet of the beach is prohibited.
- Storing a boat on the beach is prohibited.
- Any inflatable or solid floatation device deemed to be unsafe or a hazard to public safety by a lifeguard is prohibited. Unless prohibited by a lifeguard, the following devices are allowed: inflatable rafts; "boogie boards;" "noodles;" inner tubes; surfboards less than four feet in length with a leash attached to the rider in a nonstanding position.
- No person is permitted to enter or swim in the ocean when the lifeguard deems sea or weather conditions unsafe.
- No object which may impair the view or performance of the lifeguards shall be placed on the beach.
- No alcoholic beverages are permitted on the beach May 15 through September 15.
- Glass containers are prohibited on the beach at all times.
- It shall be unlawful for any person to operate any equipment or ride or drive any horses or other animals on, over or across the primary dune or beach.
- It shall be unlawful for any person to walk on, over or across the primary dune except at those locations specified by the State of Delaware or the Town of Fenwick Island, Delaware.
- It shall be unlawful for any person to remove sand from the beach or dune, or alter, move, remove or destroy any sand fence, barrier, sign, facility, improvement or structure installed and maintained by the State of Delaware or the Town of Fenwick Island, Delaware, for the enhancement, preservation or the protection of the beach.
- It shall be unlawful for any person to kill, destroy or remove any trees, shrubbery, beach grass or other vegetation growing on the beach or dunes.
- It shall be unlawful for any person other than state or Town officials to operate any automobile, OHV or other type of motor vehicle over any sand dune or stretch of sand eastward of the easternmost building setback line along Bunting Avenue.