Home > Beaches & Bays > Beach Rules > Rehoboth Beach Rules
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, Beach Rules & Regulations
- The town of Rehoboth considers it a health and safety measure to close the beach during late hours. Persons shall not be on the beach between the hours of 1:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m.
- No changing clothes in comfort stations, on the boardwalk, under the boardwalk or in vehicles while parked on any public streets.
- No sleeping on the beach between the hours of 1:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m.
- No sleeping in cars, on any street within the City, on or under the boardwalk, or on benches.
- No drinking or open containers of alcoholic beverages on beach, boardwalk, or public streets within the city limits.
- No open fires on the beach.
- It is illegal for dogs to run at large at any time. The city has both a leash law and a pooper scooper law which are enforced. Dogs are prohibited from the beach and boardwalk from April 1 through October 31.
- Bikes are allowed on the boardwalk during the hours of 5:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. from May 15th through September 15th. Adult bike riders are not permitted on the sidewalks at any time. Children, under 12, please check with police for regulations.
- No vehicles on boardwalk or beach.
- Skateboards are prohibited on the boardwalk and bandstand year-round and on the sidewalks and streets at all hours from May 15 through September 15.
- No person shall roller skate or roller blade on the bandstand, boardwalk or Rehoboth Avenue.