: (302) 539-1055
Situated between the resort towns of Bethany Beach to the north and Fenwick Island and Ocean City to the south, Fenwick Island State Park is the perfect place to avoid the hustle and bustle of summer. This three-mile stretch of barrier island is a playground of sand, surf, and sun along Delaware's Atlantic coast.
Naturally, swimming and sunbathing are popular activities on the ocean side of the park. Surfers can also take advantage of the waves here as the park has one of the few beaches in Delaware with a designated surfing area. One of the newest features is the modern bathhouse, which offers convenient showers and changing rooms, a gift shop, and a snack food concession.
- open daily: 8 a.m. to sunset year-round, surf-fishing vehicle access available 24 hours a day
- amenities / facilities: kayak, windsurfer and catamaran rentals, bath house / changing rooms, drinking water, fishing, gift shop, picnic areas, refreshments, restrooms, shower facilities, swimming beach (w/ lifeguards in the summer)
Other Notable Attractions
- Fenwick Island Beach Accessory Rentals: (302) 227-0478; open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day, open weekends only in September; offers daily and weekly beach umbrella and chair rentals
- Fenwick Island Non-motorized Watercraft Rentals: (302) 539-7999; open daily from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day; offers kayak tours, hourly kayak, windsurfer, and catamaran rentals
Fenwick Island State Park Snack Foods: (302) 249-1573; open daily from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day, open weekends only in May and September; offers gyros, hamburgers, cheeseburgers, chicken tenders, hot dogs, pizza, boardwalk fries, ice cream, beverages, etc.
- Fenwick State Beach Mobile Snack Foods and Beach Accessory Rentals: open daily from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. from the last week in June through the second week in August; open weekends and holidays only from Memorial Day weekend to the third weekend in June, and from the third weekend in August to the end of September; offers beach umbrella, chair and boogie board rentals, snack foods, and beverages